This week almost did me in. It started with me working from home and having a really productive day and then took a nose dive from there. I’m looking forward to spending time with friends this weekend and taking a moment to reset.
- If you’re needing some career inspiration, start by following these accounts.
Did you know that Blue Monday was a thing? I definitely did not, but it totally makes sense – and gave a little added meaning to my post about dealing with burn out at work. I’m taking my own advice and dedicating a little time to myself this weekend. Tonight, I’m breaking out some of my favorite beauty products (this sheet mask and this lip mask, which I got for Christmas), ordering dinner from my favorite Thai restaurant, pouring myself a glass of wine, and catching up on the TV I didn’t get to watch this week. It’s going to be amazing.
- Here’s some great advice for travelling on a budget. I had to get a new passport this month after mine expired and I’m already itching to use it.
- This is a good reminder that the concept of “balance” is really an ongoing thing and it’s okay to be a constant work-in-progress.
I started this week cold, dreary, and completely overwhelmed at work. After a few days of putting my nose to the grindstone, I’ve emerged on the other side feeling (slightly) less overwhelmed and ready for the weekend. So far, it’s shaping up to be very low key – watching football, reading, and cooking.
- This chicken wonton soup immediately jumped to the top of my list of recipes that I need to make ASAP. Hello, Sunday night dinner.
- As someone who curses a lot, this was a welcome revelation.
This week was a bit of an adjustment. After time off for the holidays, I struggled when my alarm went off at 6:30 on Tuesday morning. I’ll admit it made me want to shed a few tears. Once that feeling passed, I tried to throw myself head first into the new year. Naturally, I found quite a bit of inspiration online. Here’s what I’ve been reading this week.
- I’m sort of a sucker for astrology, so had to see what’s in story for me in my January horoscope. (As a Leo, it doesn’t sound promising).
- This list of morning habits of successful women. I’m really trying to get into the habit of working out before work, instead of after. It’s more difficult than I imagined.
- The only thing I love more than watching The Bachelor are reading the recaps of each episode. (Get caught up on the first episode here). I’m convinced that Nick’s season is going to be one of the best ever, and not just because Chris Harrison keeps telling us that.
- Glamour announced this week that all of the photographs in their February issue were created by women. That in itself is awesome, but the fact that they’re speaking up and making this an issue that they want to address in the future is even better.